Tuesday, January 24, 2012

12 weeks out - Bikini Compitition

Hey!! 12 weeks out and still going strong!

My focus this week is to put on some muscle.. The goal is to be as lean as possible. I am definitely not trying to look like a body builder but I am lacking definition. I am still doing my lifts in the morning. This week, for upper body, I have increased weights and reduced the reps to 8-15. Legs are still higher reps lower weight.

There is a common misconception that if women lift heavier weights they will look like a man... It takes a lot of weight and supplementation to get that way so ladies, don't be afraid to throw around some weight. Increasing your muscle mass will increase metabolism. Most workout routines should include both cardiovascular fitness and resistance training.

My diet has stayed the same so far, eating 7 times a day. Some of the foods include:

Chicken
Egg whites
Tilapia
Tuna
Almonds
Broccoli
Spinach
Oats
Sweet Potato
Whey Protein
***I make everything plain, no sugar, no salt.. mmmmm
My weight is staying pretty much the same as i add muscle but my body is making progress.

One thing that I need to improve on is REST.. I had a really hard time last week because of lack of sleep. I need to remember my priority. This is a competition for a reason so the prep should take ALL of my effort. Missing happy hours and get togethers is temporary. I need to stop feeling bad for missing events and remember what my goals are! Sorry for being MIA, for now. Those who are real friends should understand :)

This weekend was spent laying low (for the most part). The goal is at least 7 hours of sleep each night so I can give my best in the gym.

That's it for now! Enjoy your week friends!

"...THINK of only the best, WORK for only the best, and EXPECT only the best." -Optimist Creed (Christian D Larson)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! So proud of you. You motivate me everyday. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broccoli my go to veggie cant wait until i get off work to have some and spinach lol

    ReplyDelete