Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's All About The Booty

As an amateur, I have been doing all that I can to reach out to fellow seasoned competitors to learn as much as I can about competing. I am amazed by all of the great feedback I have been getting. I have had people around me reaching out to help in any way they can. The most common bit of advice i have gotten is about working your glutes and hamstrings... LOTS  of squats and lunges.

I have been doing legs two times a week. I also do 100 lunges every night after my 40 mins of cardio. Whenever I do my leg exercises I always focus on tightening my glutes as I do them.

For the show, I have been doing high reps low weight.

I am always down for a new killer leg workout. I have already posted this one to the facebook page but I really like it so here it is again:


The A$$ Workout:

30 Walking Lunges
30 Frog Jumps
30 Box Jumps
20 Burpies
30 Squat Jumps
30 Sit ups
50 Yard Sprint

Repeat 2x

Enjoy :)
Feel free to post any suggestions or resources for competition prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment