Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Every BODY is Different

This journey has been a very crazy/interesting one so far. First of all, I do have to say that it takes a lot of self discipline and motivation. You have to WANT it. And you have to be willing to do what it takes to get it. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

Secondly.. After the first few weeks of attempting to train on my own, I had linked up with someone who has a lot of experience with training females in figure and bikini competitions. I have realized that you can read about it all day long and get opinions from people but every BODY is different. I originally started training with a friend. Her and I started out at two completely different places and were doing the exact same thing. Everyone has different reactions to different things. We had no direction. My advice is this: find someone that you trust and that knows what they are doing to help you put together a plan that is specific to you, and stick to them! You will have to drop some money on it but it is worth is especially if you are beginners like us. Everything we do has to be on point. Seven meals a day, no cheating. Eating meals in the proper time frame is one of the most important things when it comes to preparing for a show. Skipping a meal is like missing multiple workouts. I have cleared my schedule for the next 14 weeks. Trying not to commit to anything too crazy that could get in the way of my training and diet. I am starting at 135 lb, 14 weeks out which is a long way to go in a small amount of time. Most experienced competitors can balance a fun life while training at the same time but I am focusing as much as possible my first go round.

So, now I begin. 14 weeks out to the TX shredder. Meals ready. Two workouts a day five days a week and one on Saturday... more details on that to come!


Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment