Monday, April 9, 2012

1 week Bikini Competition

We are almost there!!!!

We did a bit of carb cycling this past week to try and get more of my mid section down. Two days in a row no carbs and then incorporate them back in slightly on the third day. This technique is exhausting but it definitely made a difference. No carb diets are not ideal for the norm because you have to have carbs for energy and also to help transport protein to your muscles, just remember this was for a competition (short term). The third day when I put carbs back into the diet was the day I was lacking the most energy. So here we are ONE week out, I still can't believe it.





This weekend was Easter.. Not easy at all! I was visiting family out of town but managed to avoid all of the home cooked food and still get my workouts in. Food was pre made and all packed up:


Sprints and plyo exercises. You only need a driveway or open space to do that, so the whole "I travel a lot" cop out...no excuses!


Weight was down to 115 last week... Wow! I haven't weighed that much since high school! And I never expected to again in my life. Its a great feeling. I have never felt so good or so healthy. I feel like I can accomplish anything I put my mind towards now, and in one week I will be considered as part of a small population of people who can say they have done a competitive fitness competition. What an amazing accomplishment in only 12 weeks! Just finishing up some final touches with workouts and REALLY focusing on a clean, lean diet this week. As I say in all aspects of my life...I will continue to do my best, the rest is in God's hands!

xoxo Jess


www.facebook.com/jessdoitforyou

No comments:

Post a Comment