Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My First NPC Bikini Competition- Texas Shredder Classic: Results!

What an amazing experience. I would like to start off with saying THANK YOU! I am so thankful for everyone who has been reading along for my entire journey. This is one of the hardest but most rewarding accomplishements of my entire life so far.

That being said, the NPC Texas Shredder Classic was a huge success. There were SO many amazing girls that I was so lucky to even get the opportunity to step on stage with. From my understanding it was considered a big show. There were four classes (separated by height) A, B, C, D. I was in C. My class consisted of about 30 girls!!! I had NO idea what to expect. The only thing I knew was that in my heart, I was already a winner. The whole day I was calm just soaking in the experience. Getting ready back stage and sharing stories with the other competitors who I felt were like my sisters. There are not many who can endure the lifestyle that we had the last few weeks/months. It was when I stepped foot on the stage I felt my heart start to race. By the time I took center stage I felt my whole body shaking! Hoping the judges didnt notice I did my front and back poses and made my way to the line. Once all of the competitors are on stage they file us through in groups and then they start the first call out.... And the last number I heard... 197... Was ME! I couldnt believe it. I knew that it was pre judging so that did not necessarily mean that I had placed in the top five but I was SO excited!



There are more pictures online, http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=22&year=510&bodybuilder=27063

Three months of HARD work just for this very moment. It was worth every lunge, squat, burpie, cardio session, and cookie I didnt get to eat! I was proud.

We went back to the hotel during the break, having NO idea what might happen that night.

As we all went back on stage for one last individual pose in front of the judges and came off stage. Then they made the announcment... 197!! I made top five!!!


I could not believe it! Just to think that three months before, weighing 135 and at least four pant sizes larger, stepping on a stage wearing a bikini would have been my biggest nightmare.

I am so thankful that I am surrounded by such great people who have inspired me and believed in me. It gave me the confidence to commit and follow through.



I also have to give a TON of credit to my coaches. This would have been near impossible without them OR the support of my loving other half... Who was kind enough to apply my tan! Judge all you want but he did a damn good job!




Last but not least. None of this would have been possible without God. He gives me strength in any endeavor I chose to take on in my life. This being the one of many.

Whats next?? Guess you will have to watch out for the next blog!!

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

Love,

Jess xoxo


www.facebook.com/jessdoitforyou

No comments:

Post a Comment