Thursday, April 12, 2012

Getting Stage Ready

Now for my favorite part about this whole journey, playing dress up!

Let's start with hair. The bikini division is a very fun flirty type of presentation. I am putting clip in hair extensions to give my hair a longer and fuller look so I have more to whip around. I like to ball on a budget so I made my own! It's really simple you can buy fake hair at any beauty supply store for under $40, make sure to get human hair so you can apply heat to curl/straighten it. Match it to your color. I bought mine LONG, you can always get them cut if they are too long . I have a total of four layers, some tripled and some doubled, just depends on which areas you want to look fuller. I decided to go BIG, you know what they say, everything is bigger in Texas! I measured each track to each layer of my head starting at the base of my neck up to the crown. I doubled (some were tripled) the layers up and sewed them onto small clips which I also got from the beauty supply shop. Make sure you use thick thread that matches the color of the hair. Here is how it turned out:





My coach will be doing my make up thankfully as I usually do not apply a lot of makeup. Stage lights wash you out so you may think its too much backstage when it's really not enough.

My jewelry is simple but blinged out! Bracelets, earrings, and ring all for under $7. Try charming Charlie, forever 21, or even a beauty supply store.

Still working on a base tan for a more natural look when I apply the rub on tan next weekend. I am SO excited!! Photo shoot on Tuesday. Last hard week, let the fun begin!

Xoxo Jess

www.facebook.com/jessdoitforyou

No comments:

Post a Comment